Saturday, August 18, 2012

#Virtual Vacation...

"When all else fails, take a vacation." -Betty Williams



 
It's funny how, even as a grown adults, the closer it gets to the end of August, the more frantic we become about 'squeezing in' a vacation. You'd think once we got past our own years of schooling, and those of our children (where applicable), we'd be open to vacation at any time throughout the year. Yet, for some reason, we still remain narrowly focused on Summer as the ultimate vacation season. Personally, I'm an equal opportunity vacationer -- as in, I do NOT discriminate (season-wise) -- any time of year, any exciting destination; you name it, I am your girl!

I do have one tiny complication to vacationing at this point: my unemployed status. So, for the time being, I need to satisfy myself vicariously through friends and family, or with my new find: virtual vacations. Don't worry, I am not referring to creepy Second Life avatar world here; my version of virtual vacationing is much more tame. I had one this morning in fact, right in my coffee mug: Green Mountain's Island Coconut...


"Indulge your senses with this delightfully fragrant, tropical taste treat. We've captured the lush aroma of freshly grated coconut – fruity, fresh, exotic – and blended it with the subtle sweetness of a lightly-roasted, Central American coffee. The result is as refreshing as it is unexpected. Be transported to your own private island paradise with our Fair Trade Island Coconut." * Flavor also available for standard coffee makers. Nutritional Information: Our flavored coffees are free of calories and carbs, and have no additional nutritional impact. We add no sugars or sweeteners of any kind. So while our flavors may taste indulgent, they're absolutely guilt-free.

Honestly, they are not exaggerating with their description; the aroma really does transport you on a quick, mental trip to paradise! Hmmm... this coffee is fast becoming my favorite virtual destination; the only downside to this flavor is that it's seasonal. <Note to Self: hoard as many boxes as possible ASAP!> But first, I think I'll have another cup; if anyone needs me, I'll be here...





1 comment: