Tuesday, August 21, 2012

#PresidentialElection2012...

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.



Dr. King, my hat is off to you, truer words have never been spoken. Okay, time for full disclosure (in case you didn't infer on your own): I am a WOMAN, I am a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT, I am LIBERAL, I believe Women ARE EQUAL to men (remember, I AM an Engineer) and that Women MUST have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE. If that upsets you, and you no longer wish to read my blog, I'm sorry that you are unable to recognize and value other's opinions different from your own; I wish you well. That said, this is NOT a political blog, however some things have transpired recently related to our Presidential election and I simply will not be able to live with myself if I don't encourage all of you to make INFORMED political decisions.

Too many of us assume that people that we like/enjoy the company of, people who are in our lives every day, share our own political views and personal values -- this is simply NOT true -- because of this assumption, and our general reluctance to speak up/out about our own views, our nation has become one of general apathy and complacency; this is NOT acceptable. We are a Democracy, we MUST stand up for what we believe in and vigorous debate about the FACTS must be a part of every single person's decision-making process. Please BE INFORMED of the ACTUAL facts. In my personal opinion, I find the most unbiased information to come from public television and radio. LISTEN to NPR; WATCH the NewsHour on PBS -- you owe it to yourselves AND to our Country. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! Now go run for office; you have my vote.

    ReplyDelete