Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pets Are Family Too...

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Some close friends of mine have been forced to end the lives of their beloved dogs recently due to terminal illness. I understand the pain and impossibility of that choice first-hand; I had to put my beloved Weimaraner, Cole, down for the same reason a few years ago. Pets are family members. Hell, in my home, pets are very nearly PEOPLE. Grieving the loss of a family pet is identical to grieving the loss of a human loved one. If you know someone in this situation, please don't ever say, "it's only a dog/cat"; most importantly, do not ever judge or condemn a pet owner for making one of the most difficult but HUMANE decisions of their lives. I am not an overtly religious person, but I do choose to take some comfort in believing that all dogs DO go to Heaven. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're all having a huge play-date together right now...


Cole

Addie

Bruno

Chloe

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Thank you for including Addie in your tribute.

    I have to believe all dogs really do go to Heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support through that very rough time for me, RIP Chloe, you will never be forgotten

    ReplyDelete